Europe's leading platform for corporate communicators organizes the 8th edition of the European Communication Summit on 10th and 11th July, 2014 in Brussels. During the two-day conference more than 55 nationalities will be present. International key speakers from various industries, such as food & beverage, energy, health, transporation, IT & computing, and banking will share their approaches and experiences in the broad field of communications.
The European Association of Communication Directors (EACD) will be the host, and will celebrate, as a warm up for the two-day conference, the launch of the EACD Kick-Off Day on the 9th of July. During the Summit Days participants will explore the challenges of the communication profession for the future, where peer-exchange, networking and debating serve as key elements. Attendees from all over the world, will join several formats in two days, such as masterclasses, panel discussions, peer to peer groups, workshops, and presentations from key speakers in the fields of: Brand management, Reputation management, Public affairs, Change communication, Internal communication, Communication strategy, Media relations & campaigns, and Social media.
The first Summit day will be about 'The evolution of the global digital media brand', with a presentation from the CEO of Huffington Post, Jimmy Maymann. Highlights of the program for the 10th of July are:
- Workshop Communications leaders of today predict the landscape of tomorrow by Willem de Ruiter, director of Continental Europe. Gain insight into future perspectives for the communications department.
- Building Social Value: Brick by Brick by Lars Silberbauer Andersen, Global Director of Social Media & Search of LEGO. About driving global brand initiatives, making it local and setting the scene for engagement and value creation.
- Best Case: Involving Employees: 2.0 Communication Strategy by José María Palomares, VP Communications, Public Affairs and Corporate Responsbility ING Bank Spain and Portugal.
- Masterclass The House of Strategy which is based on stakeholder theory and the shared value approach, how to integrate the communication function into organizational leadership by professor Christopher Storck, Quadriga University.
On the 11th July the central theme for the day will be 'Communicating the romance of innovation'. James Woudhuysen, professor of Forecasting and Innovation at De Montfort University, will indicate how to raise the intellectual level of communication about innovation. Other interesting parts of the program for the second Summit Day are:
- Design thinking: innovation communications by Julia Leihener from Telekom Innovation Laboratories about how business design thinking shaped the way of communication in today's digital world.
- Reputation in the age of the critical stakeholder by Christof Ehrhart, Corporate Communications & Responsibility Deutsche Post DHL. Learn more about the stakeholder management approach and how the integration of sustainability and communication into one central department at Deutsche Post DHL, gave them the opportunity to take reputation management to the next level.
- Masterclass Intangible Asset Management by Àngel Alloza, CEO Corporate Excellence - Centre for Reputation Leadership. Reputation as essential strategic asset, and competitive advantage.
- Best Case How DSM unites employees to support culture change by Kathryn Andrews, Global Internal Communications Director DSM. Based on DSM its mission to create brighter lives for the people today and generations to come, it rolled out a global cultural change program for its employees to engage them on this theme. Which key behaviour is needed to deliver this ambitious strategy?
- Best Case Improving reputation and generating social impact by Sinan Cem Sahin from TTNET, Turkey's biggest internet service provider. With the development of innovative new business models providing benefits to the society enabling equal access to information.
About the European Communication Summit
The communication platform has welcomed more than 3.200 communicators and has a return rate of over 60%. The event has become a lively community and is particularly interdisciplinary as well as more than 400 speakers from various industries share their stories.
In behalf of Finch & Beak, Josée van der Hoek, founding partner/senior consultant, will join the 8th edition of the European Communication Summit. If you are interested in the conference, please have a look at the program. Members and non-members are welcome to the Summit. If you are interested in signing up, please register online.
Image by: Charles Clegg