Stefan is the Project Leader for Mobility Planning based in Bonn and is involved in delivering Vectos / SLR’s international and EU-funded projects.
Stefan has more than 20 years’ experience in Integrated Urban Development Planning. The Leipzig Charter on Sustainable European Cities is an important reference for his work. Stefan is also experienced as a consultant and facilitator / moderator in intercultural environments, with a focus on Eastern Europe.
Stefan’s current projects are characterised by collaboration with European cities, universities, operators and consultancies and he aims to further develop sustainable mobility strategies for cities and rural areas in Europe and beyond.
- Head of Division, City of Leipzig, Office for Urban Regeneration (Germany, 1997-2013)
- Expert In Urban Planning in the framework of German development cooperation, City of Timisoara (Romania, 2007-2008)
- Expert In Urban Planning in the framework of German development cooperation, City Institute Lviv (Ukraine, 2013-2019)
- Project Leader Mobility Planning, Vectos - part of SLR (2020-today) Education
- Diplom Ingenieur Spatial and Environmental Planning, University of Kaiserslautern
Relevant Project Experience
- 2021: FastTrack – Accelerating the deployment of mobility innovation in 24 European cities – workpackage leader
- 2020: SUMP-PLUS – Enhancing Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning, including City Labs in six European cities - workpackage leader 2020: SMARTA – Smart Rural Transport Areas
- 2019: Integrated Urban Development Concept Lviv / UA – mentor on behalf of GIZ
- 2019: City Makers’ Course Lviv - coordinator
- 2018 Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan Lviv
- 2014: Urban Café, platform for the discussion of urban development issues
- 2013: Promotion of Condominiums Program
- 2013: European Funding for Leipzig, Concept for the upcoming funding-period
Articles and publications
- 2019: Planen in fremdem Kontext - ein Erfahrungsbericht aus der Ukraine, in: PLANERIN Heft 06_2019
- 2017: Eine Straße für alle, in: WELT-SICHTEN Dossier 12-2016 / 1-2017
- 2016: Stadtentwicklung in der Ukraine - Momentaufnahmen aus Lwiw, in PLANERIN HEFT 2_16