Due to the rapid growth of our company, Finch & Beak is looking for a keen Junior Consultant Communication & Sustainability to join our team in Barcelona. If you are a passionate, go-getting communication professional who aspires to work on sustainability challenges with leading companies from across Europe, we would love to meet you!
This international position at Finch & Beak, a leading European sustainability consultancy, represents an outstanding opportunity for a second step in your career. The job is based in Barcelona, Spain.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of key sustainability issues, stakeholders and how sustainability affects different areas of business management;
- University degree in economics, corporate communication, marketing or similar;
- 1-3 years hands-on experience in international business environments in a (B2B) communication role. Consultancy experience is considered a plus;
- Valid working permit for Spain is mandatory.
Skills and Personality
- Analytical and pragmatic: able to gather data, analyze issues and make rational judgements based on relevant information;
- Team player with an eye for detail, able to develop engaging communications;
- Commercially astute, hands-on communication professional, takes initiative, not afraid to challenge;
- Professional level in English is mandatory. A working knowledge of Dutch is a big plus.
- Managing Finch & Beak’s communication platforms including website, newsletter and events;
- Developing Finch & Beak’s active customer base of European sustainability frontrunners;
- Conducting consulting projects in the field of sustainability and communication, for instance ESG performance and competition analyses, and materiality assessments.
At Finch & Beak, you will become part of a committed team of professionals who work for frontrunner companies across Europe. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive employment benefits package. In addition, we will challenge you to get the most out of your talents and accelerate your learning curve. You will be trained internally to get familiarized with Finch & Beak’s tools and methods, and for further personal development we work with top-level business schools such as IMD in Lausanne.
If you see yourself as part of our team and want to work at a stone’s throw distance of Plaça Catalunya, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your CV and cover letter (both in English) stating why and how you want to make a difference at Finch & Beak to Nikkie Vinke at firstname.lastname@example.org before 21 February 2020. Invited candidates will meet the team and deliver on an assignment as part of the hiring process.
About Finch & Beak
Since 1997, Finch & Beak supports businesses by developing and implementing winning sustainability strategies that accelerate their performance on today’s global sustainability challenges. Our clients value our rapid results, freshness, quality, and people-centric approach as we deliver tangible outcomes – always with a keen eye on future developments.