The demand from investors and institutions for ESG information increasingly puts pressure on companies. However, reporting activities often take up much time at the expense of creating real impact. As a European expert we see a lot of value in actively engaging in the leading ESG-benchmarks such as DJSI and CDP, but at the same time the struggle that companies have to leverage all the efforts they have put into filling out the (sometimes very demanding) questionnaires.
Therefore, Finch & Beak has designed a 12-month approach that leads to continuous improvement of your sustainability program and its performance. Our work is characterized by a pragmatic approach that leverages existing assets in the short term, while identifying opportunities for strategic development in the future. The result is an effective process that supports you in tackling the must haves of reporting while leaving room for actual improvement of sustainability performance. Our method proves its success by the fact that all our DJSI customers in 2016 were listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, and more than half of them ranked in the top 5% of their industry while two companies were recognized as Industry Group Leaders.
The key benefits of benchmarking lean reporting include:
- Capture value from your participation: Get the most out of your efforts by using the ratings as a driver for non-financial performance
- Demystify the workings of ESG Benchmarking: Gain a better understanding of the value drivers and why they matter to investors. Get concrete recommendations to improve in the short and long term
- Build a team of ambassadors: Leverage the internal engagement by building a coalition for sustainable change
- Improve the effectiveness of ESG benchmarking: Use the insights for continuous improvement of your sustainability program and increase short and long term performance
- Resource efficient: Reduction of time spent of internal resources through increased understanding of what is required, a focused approach and experienced guidance
Accelerating reporting at your company?
If reporting is increasingly restraining your calendar, we can help you put more focus and get more value out of your efforts. Please contact Josée van der Hoek, Founding Partner, at email@example.com or +31 76 522 28 17 to find out how Finch & Beak can help you make more impact with less effort.
Image source: Flickr